Counter Climate Change (CCC) Project
Melharmony Foundation is deeply committed to create and make music socially relevant and one of its primary objectives in this direction is the CCC (Counter Climate Change) Project.
This is aimed to spread awareness regarding climate issues and persuade them of the urgency for a highly proactive approach from every front to reduce and/or eliminate dependence on fossil fuels and take every possible step to use alternate energy sources. The Foundation aims to act in various ways - some symbolic and some proactive to counter climate change. The Foundation's action plans include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Get artists from every part of the world to be Ambassadors of Planet Earth and persuade them to talk about this for at least 2 minutes in every concert of theirs.
- Organise events to raise awareness as well as funds to counter climate change
- Collaborate with field leaders and research organisations in this arena to help them spread their findings through complementary events.
- Collaborate with as well like minded NGOs and international bodies including the UN
- Enlist the future inheritors of the planet - namely student bodies, orchestras, jazz bands and ensembles to participate in events aimed to be powerful voices against climate change
- Collaborate with professional symphonies and noted ensembles across the world
- Work closely with companies specialising in solar / wind and alternate sources of energy to support its initiatives such as the CCC (Counter Climate Change) Competitions for Composers.